In my Aussie plant grow from seed experiment, desert peas moved outdoors today, with more budding plants queueing to join them.
Only three of 12 desert pea seeds germinated, but did so strongly.
Nonetheless, having struggled with clumsiness when repotting everlastings last month, I was better prepared this time.
By that, I mean Mrs. Kangaeroo stepped up to the plate.
She would handle the task of gently shifting the seedlings from humidity pod to pot.
As always (except in her choice of men), she was superb.
We used a potting mix containing soil for Australian native plants, starter soil from growing flowers, peat moss, sulphur, perlite and dead leaves.
Transplanting went smoothly, and we were aided by glorious sunny weather and warmth.
In addition to the desert peas, we also planted golden everlastings.
Some kangaroo paw in the humidity pods looked ready for repotting, but after Mrs. Kangaeroo cast her eye over them, we decided to give the kangaroo paws some more time in the sheltered environment to let them build up strength.
In the pods now are also native wisteria, honeysuckle banksia (maybe) and dwarf wattle.
Western Australian Christmas tree, waratah and heath banksia are yet to germinate.
I am worried, but they have yet to reach the longest estimated germination period, so we need to be patient.
Give them a few more weeks to grow is the situation now.
Otherwise, the garden, especially the lawn, looks great.
I got to weed the garden early this morning.
It looks positively resplendent, even though all the plants I really wanted to thrive have mostly failed.